Here's a video on the meaning of the different light and signals:
Awww it's trying to talk to you!
Your Bonaverde Berlin has its own special language of lights and sounds, designed to simplify understanding your machine’s processes, wants and needs.
Here are some tips for when the circle on your scanner turns a particular color:
Green - Green lights are for affirmation! A green light means all systems are go, indicating either a successful scan or a freshly finished pot of coffee.
Blue - Blue lights are for water. Fill your water tank, press the round sensor, and the brewing should restart smoothly.
Yellow - Yellow lights are your machine’s request for a new air filter. Once the air filter is correctly replaced, the light should return to white.
Red - Red lights indicate there is an issue or error. It is important to also listen for an accompanying "beep" which will further give you some indication of the problem. Here is a quick guide:
Red Light (and no beep) = Possible scan error.
If after a scan the machine flashes a single red light, you may have scanned the wrong tag. Wait for the
round white light to come back on, press the round sensor, and scan again.
All lights are turn red after roasting: If all lights on the machine turn red on plug-in, the machine may simply need to cool down after its last roast. It's best to wait for 20minutes, but otherwise, wait for the red lights to turn off and switch to a pulsing white light before starting your next pot of coffee.
Red Light + Single beep = Possible airfilter, roasting chamber misplacement, or incorrect RFID used.
First please press and hold the power button (the small circle in the front of the machine, right under
1. If the colour turns yellow, you should follow the instructions onhow to replace the air filter.
2. If it gets white, might have been that you used the wrong RFID tag. So just try your coffee changers badge and it should solve it!
Hope these tips helped you get your machine back to work but if not, and you are connected to the coffee concierge try to use the debug option to a self diagnosis.
Red Light + Two beeps = Something has gone wrong.
The red light and 2 beeps can mean a few things, so here is a guide that can help you solve the issue:
First please press and hold the power button (the small circle in the front of the machine, right under scan).
1. If the color turns yellow, you should follow the instructions onhow to replace the air filter.
2. If the color is still red it might be a grinder problem. Did you hear any strange grinder noises last time you tried to grind? Sounds maybe a little blocked?? If yes, this happens when green beans get to the grinder, or your grinder needs a good old clean out. Please check the "Red Light + Grinder Noise" instructions later for grinder issues.
3. If the color is still red and there was no issue with the grinderyour machine might be overheated. In this case you should keep the machine plugged and wait from 10 mins to 1 hour for it to cool down.
4. Finally, it might have been that you used the wrong RFID tag. So just try your Coffee Changers badge and it should solve it!
Red Light + grinder noise = That seems to be green beans on the grinder
Please try these instructions to fix the jammed grinder:
a. Remove the power plug from the machine. Remove the water tank, grinder & filter drawers, and carafe.
b. Turn your machine upside down, take a little peak into the grinder section.
c. Make sure no beans are inside the grinder (using a vacuum cleaner can certainly help!)
d. Turn the grinder wheel (located behind where the water tank normally sits) all the way to the left -- the coarsest setting (showing the large circle logo)
e. Run the "Grind Only" or "Grind & Brew" only command viaconcierge.bonaverde.com or using your grind and brew card. By this point, the grinder should not sound jammed any more, so listen out and repeat these processes if need be.
Hope these tips helped you get your machine back to work but if you still have the red light after all this you will have to send your machine for maintenance. Once we receive your machine we will be able to see if it was a misuse error or a machine error. All machine errors within warranty will be fixed free of charge (in this case we will refund your maintenance package purchase).
You can buy your maintenance package here.
If none of these remedies works, please contact the support team email@example.com